Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bathroom and getting ready for Christmas

Well we are getting ready for Christmas here. I was sick and tired of my bath and since we cant afford a total overhaul I decided to do a apiant job and replace the medicine cabinet and lights. i hired a painter to do the base coat. I then did an overglaze of a light peach and purple. then added a metallic gold for some contrast. It is hard to capture with the camera.









Now with that part out of the way it is time for the holiday baking to begin. the first batch is gingerbread cookies. This was 7 and a half dozen. Of course Bruce had to test them as they were coming out of the oven. he was right behind me snatching them off the cookie tray. While no pics of that here is a pic of him working on my Christmas quilt.











Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah,Happy Kwaanza snd Happy and Healthy New Year!
















2 comments:

  1. Oh how homey it looks with all the baking going on and Bruce sitting there quilting. I hope your Christmas was all you hope it to be and more.

    Love that paint color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Your cookies look wonderful and the bathroom paint looks yummy, too. So you are a hand quilter?? Good for you. Wishing you a happy Holiday season. ;-)) Yvonne rtwontoo@mac.com

    ReplyDelete