Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More Progress on Studio






I have been lacking on keeping my blog updated and things have been really going full speed here at the house. I was complaining in my sculpting group that I don't have time for art when my dear friend Mary Martin said that working on the house is an art project in itself. That did make me feel a little less guilty. We have decided that the messy studio will now serve as a sunroom also. Her name is Delilah and it is awfully hot in there when the sun is out that we had to put in a window vent.

I had to scrape and sand the building down which was not a pleasant chore. Then I primed it but was afraid the paint would not look right. So I added some sand to the paint to have a somewhat textured look on the wood and it worked like a charm. Still need to finish the trim as some of the trim is in bad shape so we will just cut new pieces and face them over and then I will paint it over. As you can see this has been a chore and I was getting tired of painting this already. Bruce tells people it glows in the dark,lol.

5 comments:

  1. WOooo HOoooooo, My guys are doing double time on all that creating of art on the buildings. Grandma's proud of you. You will never have to worry about falling asleep while working out there with those wild colors. LOL
    Love ya.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I can't believe you scraped that entire building- what a job that must have been. But the results? Absolustely delightful! Look at all those windows- what a great art studio. No wonder you have gotten so skinny- all that hard work you are doing. Keep the pictures coming- I love seeing the progress you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking good, Hoppa! Looks to be a good sized studio/sunroom...how big is it? Will you have room for lovely plants and comfy chairs? It's good to see photos of you, it's been a long time........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my favorite color combo! It's gorgeous and artFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh such lovely work,, wish i had a studio for all my crafting,, i just had to pop in from my blog to see what you have been up to,, nice job,, hugs TC

    ReplyDelete